posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:33 AM by Market Manager
updated Jul 27, 2011, 10:37 AM by Unknown user
Try this Cherry Salsa Recipe from the Beaverton Farmers Market
with fish or poultry. It's delicious tucked into a smoked turkey or chicken sandwich!
The amount of ingredients in this salsa depends upon your tastes. Remember a recipe is just a guide; adjust ingredients to your taste.
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno (or more) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red or sweet onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- salt & pepper
- pinch of sugar
Toss lime juice with cherries and pineapple, then add other ingredients.